Sunday, December 25, 2011

Go the extra miles - part 2

I asked a friend from Perodua Viva Club (VIVAC) to help install a Vacuum Meter for me. This time I chose a cheapo meter gauge, replica of Defi meter. Cost me MYR 130 include installation. This meter really differ in terms of quality compare to my NRG Water Temp Gauge. However I do not mind the difference as long as it serve the purpose.

Place at the top of the windscreen :)


Bought the replica Defi meter from Beruang Garage. Installation was also done by Beruang Garage.

The vacuum was tap from here

This device was intended to help me monitor my right foot. ;p Well, I do have a heavy right foot because occasionally I will accelerate unnecessarily. Other than that, the reading could also show sign how healthy the engine is and could give early warning if necessary. 


Furthermore, with proper method I can actually push the car to the limit. The secret is to play with the throttle opening, when I find it is at the maximum point (WOT) I will let loose the pedal a bit and then press the pedal again gracefully (not too harsh but not too slow). Therefore the car would have additional pull power to achieve higher top speed. :)
This is how i read my vacuum meter:
 
Decelerate   1 29.6
0.9 26.7
0.8 23.7
Idle 0.7 20.7
0.6 17.7
Cruising 0.5 14.8
0.4 11.8
0.3 8.9
0.2 5.9
WOT 0.1 2.9
Key On   0 0

That is all for now...

No comments:

Labels