Sunday, April 15, 2012

Roof Soundproof

At last, my plan to DIY soundproofing my Perodua Viva’s roof has completed. The result is now a more comfortable drive during this rainy season.

It is a quite challenging task and involves some help. It is not impossible to do it alone but very difficult especially when getting the roof panel off. However the result really pays off. This time I choose to make a single layer of soundproof just using the Insulflex®. This is because I cannot seem to find where I put the soundblok (bitumen strip like) as this was a delayed project for a few years. :(


So here are some pictures when this project was done.

Everything was taken off the roof



Caution: a delicate touch is needed to remove the rooftop as it is a fragile part.

I also stick the Insulflex® at the fender liner to help reduce some tire noise since now I am on low profile tires. Hehehe…
This is the fender liner that I stick the Insulflex
Clips at the fender liner for one side only

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how to remove the roof top?

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

start by removing everything that in contact with the roof panel. then i just slide my skinny hand at one side and using my finger to cut thru the adhesive that stick the roof panel to the roof.there are 2 long adhesive on left and right.
it is quite a tough job and really require alot of patience.coz bear in mind that the roof panel is really fragile.so be slow and steady.never give up.

Anonymous said...

bumbung viva lembut mcm keropok.. aku pun cube bukak td, jadik pecah2 span tu.. huuu

Labels