Monday, November 14, 2011

Going the extra miles - part I


It has been a while since I updated my blog.

Water Temp Meter & Volt meter
Well, this time I would like to write about extra gauges to monitor the car’s condition and health for Normally Aspirated (NA) cars. What is important and what would be waste of money. This is especially more important during spirited driving or normal cruising.

The hot & cold symbol to indicate temperature in my Perodua Viva
Firstly, I went to install water temperature gauge as this Perodua Viva only has hot and cold indicators (red and blue light). It would also be ideal to install water temp gauge for the normal/OEM needle gauge. This is because the OEM gauge is not accurate and it will suddenly rise up if overheating happen and driver will usually panic because of this. The water temperature meter I opt was from NRG.
What I can say is that, at first I was surprised on how the meter gauge work. This is because the temperature needle keep on fluctuating. I thought it was a product defect. However my research in the World Wide Web explain that aftermarket water temperature gauge is like that.

The temperature fluctuates due to when the vehicle is moving, there will be air circulation and the temperature would reduce. And during idle/traffic jam, the temperature would increase slowly but will not exceed 90 degree celcius (set by car manufacturer). Well now I know that when the temperature is reaching around 80, 90 degree celcius, the radiator fan will kick in to lower the temperature. At least I will have early warning if the temperature rise more than 90 degree Celsius.

The product was bought and install at Kakimotor Sunway.

Next I'll write about vacuum meter...cheers!

The water temperature adaptor - must have
The adapter installed


The Aftermarket Water Temperature Gauge

Total cost:
NRG Water Temperature Meter - MYR 270
Water Temperature Adaptor - MYR50
Installation - MYR 30
TOTAL - MYR 350
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Bos water temp sensor/adapter saiz berapa?

28MM / 32MM / 34MM?

Skadar cadangan, if bro free, bro inform dalm blog, tools2 yg bro guna utk setiap project. contahnya spanar saiz 14 ke apa ke.

Tq

Labels