Monday, November 7, 2011

New Look

Recently I decided to change my Perodua Viva bumper. The main reason would be because the OEM bumper seems to be out of alignment. And also because of scratch received during the 4th day of Hari Raya Aidilfitri, believed it is caused by moron reversing out of parking at my in law’s residential area.

Hit n Run...Grrrrrrr... :(
After consulting a few online friends (thru Facebook ®), Elite bumper can fit into my Viva without any modification nor changing of new hood. So the project starts off by booking new bumper and a set of aftermarket fog lamps from Beruang Garage (online trader in Facebook which happens to be my friend and installer). The Elite fog lamps cost about rm300, which is why my friend suggest getting the generic fog lamps which cost around MYR 100 but need to do some mods on bracket to fit it in the elite bumper. And he said he will be able to do it. Thank god… :)


The bumper cost about MYR 180 without paint and it is an original Perodua part which is made of PU. I did not opt to spray color to the bumper because was thinking to spray the fender and bumper later (due to the moron who hit my car when stationary). But now am out of reach due to budget constraints.
With the fog lamps on...it is really bright!
The new look :)
The bumper should also include a chrome molding but it cost around MYR 100....sigh. So I decided to skip that part too…haha!

2 comments:

cycz said...

is there any gap between car body and your new elite bumper after installation? is it look perfect?

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

yeap...there's a gap between the elite bumper and original hood.hands can get thru...but its not dat noticeable rite now.and still cannot open the hood from outside.

Labels