Monday, June 4, 2012

Forged Racing for Viva Condenser Fan

Additional condenser fan for Perodua Viva.
Often stuck in traffic jams during hot sunny day? Finding the car aircond less cold/ too slow to get cold after parking in a hot sunny area? Then this should help to get aircond coldness effectively and quickly.

My next assignment was to install this condenser fan; nevertheless I am not quite sure on how to do wiring. Wiring is a really high risk job as wrong connection will not only jeopardize the gadget functionality but also the car itself. I do not want to take that risk so I ask a friend to help me out. :)
He advised to get Bosch relay and he will bring the socket to do the wiring job. Wires were also brought by him and he explained to me the difference of normal relays, cheap socket and also the wires that he uses. The wire he use has a lot more hair in it. That is how I see it. :) Sorry, forgot to take pictures of the difference of the wires, socket and relays. Previously my friend used those cheap stuff but somehow it does not yield good result and sometimes failed without any reason.

My choice of fan was from forged racing. It is a high performance fans and renown with good quality and robustness. The size chosen was 12inch as it can fit nicely in front of the condenser. I bought from Kakimotor ® Sunway at around MYR 140 – MYR 150. Cannot recall the exact price since it has been a while. ;)
I ask around regarding this additional fan and there are 3 choice of how the owner wants it to operate:
  1. Constantly on from the moment the key is turn on.
  2. Follow the aircond fan.
  3. Use switch to on and off the aircond.
The first choice is not really advisable because of the risk of shortening the life of the fan itself.
The second choice is what many friends suggested to me.
This third choice is what many friends explain as a ridiculous option since I can actually control it using the aircond button. If I want more power just switch off the aircond instead of switching off the fan and then switch off the aircond.


So I guess it is the second choice for me because what I need was an efficient air-conditioning during traffic jams and hot sunny day.
So the task begins.
The installation process begins. :)
This has resulted in a very efficient air-conditioning as my car aircond gets cold in a short time even during hot sunny day.

However the downside is that it really consumes a lot of juice (voltage) when the additional fan kicks in. I can monitor this through my volt meter. :)

7 comments:

Admin said...

Consumes a lot juice, better change to bigger size battery. I also choose second option. Sometimes better service your air cond when the time is right.

Likes this post too. Keep up the DIY work for viva.

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

thanks bro.yes...it is always a gud way to service the aircond when the time comes.
and my viva is now using a bigger size battery. :)

Anonymous said...

bro, pakai extractor pe skg? masih hotbits dlu tu ke? considering to change mine too..

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

ekstraktor stainless steel dr kedai ekzos papan tanda kuning... ;)

Mr.Dark Angel said...

so sekarang pakai battery saiz ape?

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

ns60 kepala kecik..tp ruang agak sempit.tapak bateri pn kena tukar len.

shira said...

HI. saya punya viva bila bukak aircond mesti ad bunyik xdela bising sangat tp annoying la bunyik. bila tutp ekon xde bunyik.
sebab apa ek?

Labels