Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cabin Filter aka Air Cond Filter

The New Cabin Filter aka Air Cond Filter
This is another tip from car forums to help maintain the car air conditioning to last longer and provide clean air circulation in the cabin.

The condition after 1 year.
It is a very simple task to do by myself. A cabin filter or known as air cond filter cost around MYR 30 to MYR 35. Actually in Perodua cars, there is already a compartment to insert this filter. However depending on models, some need to cut through the plastic using knife to make slot of that compartment to be readily available. For example, for Perodua Myvi, there is no need for cutting as there is already an opening there. But for my Perodua Viva, it requires a little extra work to cut through that compartment before I can insert the cabin filter in the right place.

Let me share how I install my cabin filter.

Firstly, I open the glove box and pull the hook on the left and right in order to take out the glove box.

After removing the glove box, there is actually a compartment for air cond filter.
However I have to cut through the plastic to make the slot available.
I cut through the yellow line as per in above picture
Not that hard but require a bit of strength to make sure the plastic can be cut through correctly and did not cut anything else…it require also some patience and caution.

Then I insert the air cond filter through the slot I made. After that close the slot using the cover provided.

Voila…job done and now I know my car air cond will circulate better and cleaner air in the car. :)

Among the benefits to install this cabin filter are:
  • Reduce dust going through the air cond system.
  • Help to prolong the air cond parts like cooling coil and less dusty blower.
  • It will also help to prolong the service interval for the air cond system.

10 comments:

Pasan said...

can u tell me the exact name model of the cabin filter you purchased ?

I'd like to install one for my Viva Ezi as well

I'm in Sri Lanka

Thanks
nice blog

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

on the box just stated CF1252-B. not sure what is the brand though.

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

that is ready made cabin filter for perodua viva.try searching in google by using the words "viva cabin filter". or u my search for gack garage in facebook.tq

Encik Azizan said...

ooo...gack garage...i always buy torco engine oil from him... im still new to viva n thanks for the reply...really appreciate it... ☻

Isangika said...

Srl Lankan Viva Elite Owners Go to

https://sites.google.com/site/peroduapartssrilanka/

They Have this Item

Anonymous said...

lau dh koto, kne tuko br ato basuh jer??

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

kalau saya cuci dulu.
tp saya akan pastikan setiap tahun saya tukar filter tu.hehehe....

Unknown said...

Mine was 2013 model, if I DIY and cut a hole will my Warranty Void?

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

nope, it will not void warranty.
in fact, service center will always advise to install cabin filter.u will be charge for around rm30 for it.but perodua aircond filter is different then wat i have installed.perodua cabin filter is a thin one piece cotton 3m if not mistaken, where u can actually diy one by buying the aircond filter (home) and cut it to fit in the viva's blower compartment.

Simon Foong said...

may i know where to purchase this item???

Labels