Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Free Flow Exhaust System from Hotbits

21st August 2009
The OEM exhaust system for Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ
I change my Perodua Viva exhaust system from Hotbits. The main reason I do this is to make more power for my Perodua Viva. :) This is because I find it hard to overtake cars whenever it is necessary. So I asked around in forums and do some research.
The easiest and affordable ways to make more power is to upgrade the car intake system. This include to a more high flow air filter to free flow exhaust system.

Why I do not opt for custom made exhaust system is that it is a risky business. This is for the reason that it is all about trial and error. As some people like one set up but some just feel it is lacking to provide more power.
More air equate to more fuel equate to more power. The free flow exhausts system help to ease out the air flow and faster. Subsequently the car can breathe faster during spirited driving. :) This is how I summarize it.

The embossed trademark on the extractor
Furthermore Hotbits has already launched their exhaust system specifically for Perodua Viva. So I have to try it out myself. Additionally the exhaust system from Hotbits is a tuned length exhaust system, means calculated to provide extra power efficiently. In addition to more power, it is said by other user that exhaust system from Hotbits is not noisy. For auto transmission car please avoid using straight flow piping as auto need that backpressure.

I tried contacted Speedworks for this exhaust system but unfortunately they inform me that it is out of stock at the moment. Then EA Autoworks (their authorized dealer for Hotbits) also inform me the same news. :(
The only place where I can source this exhaust system was at Eneos One Utama. However it will cost me more, about MYR 60. Eneos charged me MYR 810 including installation while Speedworks and EA Autoworks quote MYR 750 including installation.
In the end I installed at Eneos One Utama because I cannot wait anymore…if not the money that has been save will be spend on something else. Hahaha!

The header or also known as extractor is a 3-1 design for Perodua Viva which is tuned length and mandrel bent. This is made from mild steel chrome finish. Besides that it is embossed with Hotbits trademark on the header.

The piping for this exhaust system is made from treated steel. Therefore there will be less heat and long lasting. If I have extra money, I would opt for fully stainless steel. Since stainless steel evacuate heat more effectively thus will be cool down much faster than steel. Plus stainless steel is shiny but the shine will not last long due to exhaust characteristic that is expose to heat and water. Hot and cold weather. On the piping itself there is a quote ‘Made in Australia’.
The new and shiny header/extractor

It was a fairly simple job to install this exhaust system from Hotbits to my Perodua Viva. The only hassle was to install the header/extractor. As it require to dismantle the front bumper. Other than that, it is a simple plug and play exhaust system. After the installation I notice a white smoke from this exhaust system. The foreman informs me it is usual due to the silicone glue and new metal.
Other than that there is a hissing sound if I hear closely but after a few weeks everything seems to be normal.
The good news is that my Perodua Viva now reacts more responsively when I press the throttle pedal. :) The RPM climb effortlessly. Moreover it does not growl too much nor too noisy for everyday use. From sound wise it is what I have been looking for. Not too noisy unless I press the pedal to the metal.

This upgrade does not turn my Perodua Viva to a monster, tearing down tarmac. On the other hand it is more pleasant for everyday drive and make a grin for myself whenever I throttle down the pedal to feel that extra oomph and sporty noise.

These are among the advantages of using Hotbits exhaust system:
  • Stainless steel extractor
  • Mandrel bent extractor n pipings
  • Powder coated pipings
  • Silent yet powerful system
  • Dyno proven
  • Plug & play

15 comments:

Pakcu said...

can you provide me the address where you installed the exhaust?

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

did it at eneos one utama in jusco...
because other place need to wait for 2-3weeks to order due to no stock for viva.
actually u can try search in mudah...i tink its cheaper by rm50-70...

Anonymous said...

Hi I have done the extractor part, not done the full exhaust system, now my car's sounds like motorbike (I driving viva 1.0 manual) so how is the sound after changing to full exhaust? would it be loud?

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

honestly the sound is not really loud.but this really depends on ur exhaust set up.if drive normally there is no noticeable sound.i wud suggest a longer centre bullet and a gud aftermarket muffler.retain the original piping if ur car still standard.cheers.

Unknown said...

what your size piping from front to rear?

Unknown said...

hi i want to know..what your size piping from front to rear?

Anonymous said...

hi i want to know...what your size piping from front to back

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

unfortunately i didn't remember the actual size but it is a bit bigger than OEM.my guess would be around 1.7 to 1.75 inches.
the piping size was the same from front to behind.
my advise is always add on the flexi pipe (nenas) coz viva really vibrates alot.

Anonymous said...

So rm810 for the whole exhaust system?

Anonymous said...

Bro... Complete exhaust sys for rm810?

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

on year 2008, that was the price.

Anonymous said...

Bro, still pkai system hotbits lg ka? saja mau mintak pendapat ttg FC bila guna system hotbits ni.

Anonymous said...

Bro should I be changing my exhaust to this system on my auto 1.0 viva?

Perodua Viva 1.0 EZ said...

for auto, i would advise to stick with OEM.not worth it and its actually increase the FC abit since i love the sound when the car revs.hehehe....

Anonymous said...

Can you post a video to show your car exhaust system, sound and performance?

Labels