Friday, October 1, 2010

Horn from Stebel Magnum Series

26th September 2008
Among other upgrade was changing my car horn to a louder horn to warn any road user of my car. This is because the typical horn sounds funny to warn road user of my car existence. Hehehe...

Even though it does not increase any performance in hp...nevertheless the car horn is essential for road safety issue especially to be able to warn other road user of my my Perodua Viva existence in an emergency situation.
I took this pic when i change my exhaust system from Hotbits®
There are numerous types of horns available now in the market. I do not intend to get myself a super loud horn nor a very expensive horn. Therefore I scout around some accessory shop in Klang, Shah Alam and Sunway.
In the end I decided to go for horn from Stebel®. I chose the Magnum series. Cost me MYR 110 including installation and relay in one of the car accesory shop in Seksyen 9, Shah Alam. Do check out on how these horn sounds on the Stebel® website. Stebel® is a very popular for car horns. Plus they are made in Italy.
Kindly browse at their official website…
They have a wide range of horn for consumer. From their ever popular Nautilus® series, musical horns to OEM make. Each has it own sound identity.
This is the horns that installed at my Perodua Viva
I have experiment side by side the sound from another Perodua Myvi which is using Bosch horn. The result was this Stebel® Magnum sound broader and powerful than the one used by the Perodua Myvi. Bosch horn has narrower sound but a bit strong and concentrated. Well, in the end it is better than the OEM horn… hope my car horn will last longer and stay powerful so that I can warn road user of my car existence when necessary. So do not bully me! ;)

No comments:

Labels